Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
SFPopi
Follower
Follower

I have 4 Arlo cameras mounted around my home. They work great under normal conditions detecting cars and people. Recently I have noticed that they do not detect wildlife like rabbits or large birds that land within its field of view. Does anyone else have this issue? and is there a fix?

Thanks

SFPopi

3 REPLIES 3
sshyran
Aspirant
Aspirant
probably AI detects them as is, as wildlife (non intrusive), so it doesn't alarm you, as no faces detected and no object size/speed matching database....
Dannybear
Master
Master
If the moving objects are beyond the IR detection range of 25ft then the camera will not respond.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:
If the moving objects are beyond the IR detection range of 25ft then the camera will not respond.

Smaller animals generally won't be detected as far out (since they don't generate as much heat as a person).  In the case of birds, it also depends on how they land.  The cameras are most sensitive to motion across the field of view (and more sensitive at the bottom than the top).  If a bird lands directly in the center of the field of view, the cameras often won't trigger.

FWIW, my own cameras will often detect smaller animals (for instance, rabbits), but definitely miss quite a few.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation