Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
linda185
Star
Star

After a couple of good first months, my system is giving me nothing but problems. Base station going offline, cameras not recording and or saving to library, time zone changes. 

3 out of 4 times I get a call center in the Philipines instead of my own country and even they cannot come up with a solution to have my system running normal. 

I spend 600 bucks for a good system but this is a disappointment as is customer service. 

How do I get any further?

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

linda185
Star
Star

I tried every but resetting the whole system. The agent said they cannot help me any further if I don’t do that. I still don’t believe it’s not a problem Arlo can solve since so many people have the same problems...

Jalin2
Tutor
Tutor

Why does someone from Arlo not address all these same issues that appear over and over again. The chat support is the worst I have ever experienced. So far I have had to return a defective camera that cost me $20.00 for shipping, a defective doorbell that cost me $20.00 for shipping and the smart plan that will not activate my camera cost $35.00. I have asked to have my case escalated and have been told that someone will contact me by phone...I am still waiting for the call but honestly do not think that will happed as customer support is as ineffective as the product. 

Be aware of arlo

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jalin2

Do you have a case number I can review regarding this issue?

Jalin2
Tutor
Tutor

Shayne I cancelled the smart plan and was refunded part of the cost today. I have spent close to 8 hours now trying to get Arlo issues resolved and quite frankly I give up.  I have had to pay shipping on a defective doorbell and again on a defective camera and now this issue where I paid to have a camera on the smart plan but the camera would not Save to the active camera status in the Smart Plan so I was paying for nothing. Case #41096720. What a huge disappointment this product and more so the support is. 

Jalin2
Tutor
Tutor

I have now received emails from arlo stating that they are closing my case because of no activity. I have explained to them that all emails have been responded to by me. Either their reply link in their emails is broken or they do not document return communication. On the last one I sent an invoice copy which was confirmed as sent but apparently not received. I say this because each time I have responded within a support issue initiated by chat I usually have to followup with a chat answered by a different support person who claims that they cannot see my response or attachments in the ticket.

Also since deleting my smart plan I no longer get motion notifications. I have rebooted, unplugged. reset router and every friggin other thing and no notifications. I am not climbing a ladder  one more time to resync Arlo cameras so I will restate that Arlo is a very broken with a more broken support network. 

One other thing I forgot to mention is that I did receive two phone call which I determined later that were initiated from Arlo. Both times I said Hello at least twice and hung up after no acknowledgement on their side....go figure

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation