Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - display video feed to my Television screen?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Onyx1024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had Arlo Pro2 cameras for about 2 years.  They are glitchy but after much fiddling, I have settled on a moderate level of satisfaction. 

I have "Hard wired" power to all of my cameras (4).   Thus, I don't have issues with battery life.  

I have also installed IR (850nm wavelength) spotlights on a couple of them to improve my night resolution.  

WHAT I WANT TO DO is to display my camera feed to my television set.  I just want the same or similar display as what I have on my Iphone or Ipad device.  

No matter what I read or search on the Arlo site, I can't find anything that indicates the Arlo system is capable of this simple and intuitive way to display the camera feed?  

I have C-Spire high speed fiber for my television and Internet.  Shouldn't it be possible for my home router to send the feed to my TV?   The TV already uses a router system for displaying the signal it receives from C-spire.  

Thanks!!  

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The cam will not directly stream to the tv... but can be done via third party prgms.

I use Alexa and a fire stick ( gen 2 needed or newer ) and it works well for live viewing.

You need to set up the alexa service first.

Be careful to name the cams separate names ( cam1, cam2 doesn't work well )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation