Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WillH123
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, I’m having an issue with charging on an Arlo Pro 2 camera. I have 3 out of my 4 cameras hard wired for charging. Two of those work perfectly fine but the third isn’t working. It’s using an official arlo cable and charger.

It showed as charging and charged to 100%. It seemed fine so I added a cvr plan to it (the same as the other two hard wired cameras). The camera is now dead but I had no warning of a battery issue. I changed the battery and even the camera but I have the same problem. I’ve also used a charger for an amazon Alexa which works for the other cameras but the same thing happens.

The only thing I can think of is the cable runs through the same hole in the wall as the power for a security light. Could this be the problem?
2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do you think it's a camera issue or a charger/cable issue?

WillH123
Tutor
Tutor
I’m wondering if it’s something to do with the cable that’s going through the wall along with a power cable for a security light. I’m not sure if anyone else has had an issue with running cables so close together? I’m reluctant to drill more holes in the wall until I’m reasonably sure!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation