Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Opinions about which system to get. Arlo Pro 2 OR Blink XT

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
bullfrog53
Follower
Follower

Hi, 

Recent breakin and cops recommended that I install cameras.  Looking at Arlo Pro 2 or Blink XT.  I would appreciate any advice as to which system I sho luld go with. I realize this is an Arlo site, but hopefully the choice or Arlo came after a lot of research.  

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bullfrog53,

The Arlo Pro 2 is a great camera for the application you're describing. With Arlo, you have the flexibility to locate (and relocate if you like) cameras in strategic positions to detect motion and capture recordings as desired. If you haven't done so already, take a look at the Arlo website for feature comparisons on all Arlo products: Arlo Products and Accessories

JamesC

imagiop
Star
Star

At the moment I would recommend to stay away from Arlo. I have been having an issue where their service is sending me notifications but recording absolutely nothing. I am a paying customer for CVR and advanced detection but nothing is getting recorded. A security camera system that doesn't record anything is worthless. There are also many reports of cameras randomly crashing and requiring a physical reset by removing the battery. If you aren't at home to do that then the cameras are worse than useless. Until Arlo publicly acknowledges and fixes these issues I would stay far away from their products.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Any decision between two different alternatives has to include their support channels.

In this case, does Blink XT have a user forum like this where you can see what people are saying?

Looks like it:

No motion detected - Troubleshooting & Support / Motion, Clips & Live-View - Blink Home Video Securi...

At a quick glance, the chatter there is remarkably similar to what we read here.

Remember, people turn up at places like these with problems. Rarely does someone drop by simply to say "This stuff is great".

Similarly, does Blink XT have a status page where you can check the health of its system?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation