Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 cameras recording with no motion

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rayer
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the past 5 to 7 days, my two Arlo Pro 2 cameras (inside my house) have been recording 2 minute clips (I have the setting to be fixed at 120 seconds) all night. The clips are literally timed two minutes apart. There is no motion in the house. I changed the motion setting to 80% (previously at 90%) after the first night this happened. I have had these for two years now (in the same physical location) and they just started recording all night as if it is detecting motion, when there is none. We do have a ceiling fan in view, but it is always off at night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rayer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I made a test last night that worked. I have the Arlo Video Doorbell and it was set to trigger the indoor cameras to record (in case of break-in type thing so I got the front door and inside). I removed the doorbell triggering indoor cameras and last night, neither of the indoor cameras went off. We have been having some crazy wind due to hurricane Ida and I guess it was blowing the bushes in front of our house enough to trigger the doorbell cam. I also adjusted the motion zones for the doorbell as well as lowered its sensitivity to try and prevent that. I'll probably make another test of the doorbell triggering the indoor cameras with the reduced sensitivity and new motion zones.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it's possible it's a faulty camera, try moving the camera or swapping it with another to see what happens. If it's the camera, try removing and resyncing it. You'll have to rebuild any rules for it so make notes first.

rayer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I made a test last night that worked. I have the Arlo Video Doorbell and it was set to trigger the indoor cameras to record (in case of break-in type thing so I got the front door and inside). I removed the doorbell triggering indoor cameras and last night, neither of the indoor cameras went off. We have been having some crazy wind due to hurricane Ida and I guess it was blowing the bushes in front of our house enough to trigger the doorbell cam. I also adjusted the motion zones for the doorbell as well as lowered its sensitivity to try and prevent that. I'll probably make another test of the doorbell triggering the indoor cameras with the reduced sensitivity and new motion zones.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation