Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will geofencing *ever* work reliably on Pro 2 on Android?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BarryLL
Aspirant
Aspirant
Went away for a couple of days. Forgot to explicitly check. Sure enough, Geofencing never detected, remained Disarmed the entire time.

I've just upgraded now to 3.5.4_28395. But the only reliable thing seems to be that it's unreliable. Seems OK after an update, then at some point begins to not detect, until it *never* detects being away.

C'mon Arlo, I'm paying subscription fees, about time you get the app to work! How hard is this? At least she input please! Others having this problem? Any things I need to check on my device? (Other apps seem to detect location changes! )

*Please* help Arlo. Without geofencing the subscription isn't with it and I'll be canceling it, if that matters to you.

Barry
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Subscriptions have nothing to do with geofencing. Mine is working fine regardless of app version. I would suspect something is up with the phone's location service and how it interacts with the Arlo app since the app doesn't handle GF on its own. 

BarryLL
Aspirant
Aspirant
@jguerdat Thanks, I didn't mean to suggest subscriptions affected Geo, it affects me! I'm paying for it but not getting the recordings I need. Alternatively I don't use Geo and get a bunch of garbage I do not.

I guess I don't have any other apps that work exactly like this, but certainly some use location and work fine. I'm all for some diagnosis but Arlo needs to help. When I go into the Geo settings, it literally zooms to location on the map (as it should). Yet it still doesn't (always) switch back to disarmed. How is that not the app, if it knows the location but doesn't react to it?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BarryLL wrote:
When I go into the Geo settings, it literally zooms to location on the map (as it should). Yet it still doesn't (always) switch back to disarmed. How is that not the app, if it knows the location but doesn't react to it?

There are other users reporting this, and Arlo is investigating.

FWIW, I agree that is sounds like an app issue.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation