Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 audio activating after “Audio is detected” is not selected

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Polverine
Follower
Follower
I’ve been fiddling with settings to reduce unwarranted camera activation for the past two days upon installation. I’ve narrowed it down to some specific settings however, despite having “Audio is defected” disabled, the camera STILL activates with the source “Audio” when looking in the library. I currently have the camera microphone disabled altogether because I’m rapidly losing battery due to constant activation. It hasn’t picked up audio since microphone deactivation but I’d like to have it on.

EDIT / UPDATE: Camera is STILL activating via “Audio” despite having the entire microphone on the camera disabled ...

Long story short: “Audio is detected” is NOT selected; camera still activating due to “Audio” (visible in the library, listed as “Audio”). Can anyone shed light on this please? — still activating with microphone turned off as well

Thanks very much
- P
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turning the mic/speaker off in settings won't help - it's all about the modes and rules. SInce you say you have audio detection disabled in your modes and rules, remove a camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it to see if that helps.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation