Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 base station (VMB4000) cannot connect to internet

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kaz_aus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

I have got Arlo Pro 2 cameras (5 of them) connected to the base station (VMB4000). The base station was working fine up until yesterday and after that it has gone rogue! it's unable to connect to the internet, with no internet light. 

My set up - My base station is connected directly to the router using RJ45, shows up in router's portal with a unique IP to it. I am able to ping it from my computer. 

I have the following so far, with no luck whatsoever. 

- recycled power of base station

- factory reset until all 3 lights went amber, flashed and it restarted itself. 

- restarted the router.

- tested the RJ 45 cable on my computer, it works so the cable is not faulty. 

Since factory reset, the power light is solid green, no internet light, and camera light is solid amber. I tried to sync it with one of the cams. The cam's blue light blinked and went solid blue, but the base station's light stayed amber. 

So now, I have a base station with solid green power light, no internet light, and solid amber cam light. 

I don't think there has been any any firmware update in the past 3 to 4 days (between 1st Oct 2019 and 6th Oct 2019), at least I didn't see anything in the App (the new one), unless the base station updated itself automatically.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
Kaz

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kaz_aus wrote:

My base station is connected directly to the router using RJ45, shows up in router's portal with a unique IP to it. I am able to ping it from my computer. 

Since factory reset, the power light is solid green, no internet light, and camera light is solid amber. I tried to sync it with one of the cams. The cam's blue light blinked and went solid blue, but the base station's light stayed amber. 

So now, I have a base station with solid green power light, no internet light, and solid amber cam light. 

Perhaps try support next ( https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx )

kaz_aus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. For now, I have ordered a new base station, and will be taking this up with Arlo support.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation