Arlo Pro 2 Won't Arm/Disarm From My Samsung Galaxy S7

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo Pro 2 with 5 cameras. When it was first set up by an employee they used their phone. After set up was complete they gave me full access and I could not arm or disarm the cameras, but everything worked fine otherwise. I decided to reboot the system and use my phone as the "master" phone in an attempt to correct the arm/disarm problem. Now I do not get the notifications when there is motion and I still cannot arm/disarm. I have tried to uninstall the app from my phone and reinstall several times and it does not make a difference. I can access all the features from my PC and arm/disarm from there.

Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing this? Having alerts on my phone is how I would prevent a theft so it is virtually useless without this feature. I set up a schedule to temporarily solve my arm/disarm problem, but there are times I need to arm/disarm with my phone so it is very inconvenient. HELP!

HW Version VMB4000r3 Firmware 1.12.0.1_27940

Roy

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Master Master
Master

Are you using the "master" account or are you using an account that has been granted access (with access rights) to the system?

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

@steve_t I am using the master account to the best of my knowledge. Is there a way to tell by logging in?

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're the primary, you would need to have created a guest account in Settings, Grant Access. You'd know it if you did it.

Highlighted
Master Master
Master

@jguerdat wrote:

If you're the primary, you would need to have created a guest account in Settings, Grant Access. You'd know it if you did it.

But perhaps the employee who set the system up has the primary account

Highlighted
Master Master
Master

@RIII wrote:

@steve_t I am using the master account to the best of my knowledge. Is there a way to tell by logging in?

Are you able to edit the modes and rules in those modes?

Highlighted
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not sure how to explain it, but yesterday I logged in on my phone to confirm I had the master account(which I do) and it must have updated or something because I was able to arm/disarm the system from my phone for the first time. I did plug one camera into power and perhaps that changed soemthing. Most likely it was an update and I hadn't tried since before the Christmas holidays. Thank you guys for all the help. I'm good now.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation