Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
RIII
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo Pro 2 with 5 cameras. When it was first set up by an employee they used their phone. After set up was complete they gave me full access and I could not arm or disarm the cameras, but everything worked fine otherwise. I decided to reboot the system and use my phone as the "master" phone in an attempt to correct the arm/disarm problem. Now I do not get the notifications when there is motion and I still cannot arm/disarm. I have tried to uninstall the app from my phone and reinstall several times and it does not make a difference. I can access all the features from my PC and arm/disarm from there.

Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing this? Having alerts on my phone is how I would prevent a theft so it is virtually useless without this feature. I set up a schedule to temporarily solve my arm/disarm problem, but there are times I need to arm/disarm with my phone so it is very inconvenient. HELP!

HW Version VMB4000r3 Firmware 1.12.0.1_27940

Roy

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you using the "master" account or are you using an account that has been granted access (with access rights) to the system?

RIII
Tutor
Tutor

@steve_t I am using the master account to the best of my knowledge. Is there a way to tell by logging in?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're the primary, you would need to have created a guest account in Settings, Grant Access. You'd know it if you did it.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@jguerdat wrote:

If you're the primary, you would need to have created a guest account in Settings, Grant Access. You'd know it if you did it.

But perhaps the employee who set the system up has the primary account

steve_t
Master Master
Master

@RIII wrote:

@steve_t I am using the master account to the best of my knowledge. Is there a way to tell by logging in?

Are you able to edit the modes and rules in those modes?

RIII
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not sure how to explain it, but yesterday I logged in on my phone to confirm I had the master account(which I do) and it must have updated or something because I was able to arm/disarm the system from my phone for the first time. I did plug one camera into power and perhaps that changed soemthing. Most likely it was an update and I hadn't tried since before the Christmas holidays. Thank you guys for all the help. I'm good now.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation