Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Wireless Camera Will Not Hold Charge

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Joybell
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro camera will not hold a charge.  I use the solar panel for charging.  Today, it charged all day and then tongiht I get an alert that says it only has 14% battery.  I did not get that many notifcations today and this has just recently started happening in the last week.  Anyone have a clue what is going on???

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you getting the charging icon (battery with lightning bolt)? when the panel is getting sun?

Joybell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes.  It is charging, but the battery is still dieing.  So, basically, it appears that the charging of the battery cannot keep up with the activity/motion that is happening on the camera. I have to manually charge them every other day even when they are showing that they are charing all day. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds very much like either the camera is nearly out of range and is having problems connecting to the base and/or you're recording/live viewing way too  much (<5 minutes per day is the spec). WHat is the WiFi connection indicator for the camera showing? How much are you recording/live viewing?

Joybell
Aspirant
Aspirant
WiFi is fine. It records way more than 5 minutes. I have set motion at 20% and made the activity zone smaller and it still records way to much.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation