Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Wall Mount

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wfdes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a wall mount for Arlo Pro 2 security camera whereby i can keep the wire plugged into the camera and also attach it to a wall mount?

I purchased a wall mount but there is not way for the camera to be attached to the wallmount and have the usb cable plugged in. If i want to attach it to the wall mount, i would have to use it wire-free.

Would appreciate it if someone knew if there is a wall mount?

Please have a look at the attached picture for a better understanding of what im looking for.

13 REPLIES 13
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

The Outdoor Power Adapter for Pro, Pro 2 and Go (VMA4900) should have come with a Wind Bracket and an Extension Bolt that you could have used.I am not sure what elce you need because in your picture I see the camera is connected via the micro usb and attached to the wall mount without issue.

20181022_111111.jpg20181022_111130.jpg20181022_111140.jpg

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
Wfdes
Aspirant
Aspirant
I could but will i be able to screw that into the camera and still have a usb cable plugged in? Will both fit in properly?
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

sorry I was editing my post above.

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Is there another wall mount that you had purchised ? and if so which one ?

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

By the way I use the Outdoor Security Mount in White (VMA1000) and from your picture it looks like your using the same thing.

Wfdes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey the picture i attached is one from the arlo website. Its not mine but an example of how i want it setup. The mount i have is from amazon: Smart Security Wall Mount- Adjustable Indoor/Outdoor Mount for Arlo Cam and Other Compatible Models by Dropcessories (2 Pack, White)

So when i screw this mount into the camera, the usb cable doesn't plug in. Im looking for a mount which doesnt have that circular disk around it.
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

ok Ya I would suggest getting the official Arlo products, I have read bad reviews on 3rd party accessories.
Get what I got and you should be set.

Outdoor Security Mount in White (VMA1000)

Outdoor Power Adapter for Pro, Pro 2 and Go (VMA4900)

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Ya I just looked up what you got, I am sorry....waste of money.

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

remember the Outdoor Power Adapter for Pro, Pro 2 and Go (VMA4900) also comes with a Wind Bracket and an Extension Bolt that helps extend the camera so that the micro usb works well with the mount and you can fully move the camera around.

Wfdes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks a lot for this. So this is what you use (mount and cable) and you can plug them both in nicely? If this works it means the camera will be mounted ans wired in at all times..?
slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

Yup.... Those 3rd party mounts have issues with rotation and poor quality, and the 3rd party power adapters have issues also. No issues with the official Arlo accessories and they are powered up 24/7.

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

you aslo get 3 second look back and the option to create dead zones on the arlo app when they are connected to the micro usb ac power.

slompochomp
Luminary
Luminary

you could even pull the batteries out and the camera will still function when it is connectioed via the micro usb ac power.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation