Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 54 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
JoeHantz
Tutor
Tutor
A little before the app update and it is still a constant occurring issue, but the recordings from my Arlo pro 2 pause just the motion of recordings and I miss people walking for those two seconds. I have not rebooted the base station only because I logged into the app from another phone and it does not have the delay issue. I have logged out and in as well as deleting the app from my phone with no luck. I have an iPhone XS if it helps. This problem also occurred on my iPhone 7.
54 REPLIES 54
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

JoeHantz,

Do you happen to be the granted user on the account or the registered owner?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JoeHantz  @pilotmattc   @Orm

Are your Pro2 Cameras connected directly through AC power adapter or on the battery?

JoeHantz
Tutor
Tutor
They are connected via battery
JoeHantz
Tutor
Tutor
I am the account owner. When the cameras work flawlessly when I have someone log onto the gag from their phone they are also using the owner profile and not the granted access
pilotmattc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ice4469
Guide
Guide

upgraded to iOS 12.1 today and it fixed my playback issues 

Orm
Star
Star

My cameras are running on batteries. When I use the Web interface there are no delay so the recordnings are ok. 

Bloomer8523
Tutor
Tutor

Since I upgraded my phone to the Iphone Xs and when I try to view the video in the library there is a 2-3 second delay with the video but you can still hear the sound.  The video then picks up after 2-3 seconds, but the whole time you are able to hear sound.  Also when I play a downloaded video to my iphone library, it shows a blank white screen for the first 2-3 seconds and then the video plays.  Also I can't send the video as a text/ I message with my phone.  If I edit the video on my phone to remove the first 2-3 seconds, I will be able to send video via text message.  This was suppose to be fixed with the lasted apple update, but the problem still persists.  This does not happen when viewing on my old iphone 8 or on a computer.   I attached a picture of what the videos that I download look like in my iphone library (the last one that is blank)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Orm, @pilotmattc

What are the issues you are experiencing?

pilotmattc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just like the subject says the first 3 seconds of any recording is paused On my iPhone XR.

Example1: a person triggers motion and Arlo starts recording until the motion stops. Upon viewing that recording the person is motionless for the first 3 seconds. You cant see what they are doing for the first 3 seconds because the video is paused.

Example 2 a person triggers motion but exits the cameras field of view in 3 seconds or less. Since the first 3 seconds of video is paused and picks up moving 4 seconds in the recording doesn't capture anything for me to see what triggered the motion.
BCSO98
Star
Star

I've been having the same issues.  Constant video stopping and audio braking up when watching in live view.  They have full signal strength and not an internet issue.  Has there been a fix for this?

Bloomer8523
Tutor
Tutor
Yes that is the exact issue I’m having. When playing the recording, the picture is motionless but you hear sound for the first 3 seconds and then the picture starts moving. Also when downloading the video to my iPhone it shows only a white screen and you can’t send the video in a text message until you edit the video to take out the first 3 seconds.
davidrrogers
Guide
Guide

Upgraded to 12.1 on iOS devices. Now playing video but they still have a pause at the four second mark on iOS and web browser. By "pause" I mean the video keeps playing but there is no motion. Then the video jumps forward to where it should be and the motion starts up again. It is apparent that the video is being recorded this way because if I download the video and play it in QT it does this. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Bloomer8523,

Which model phone are you having the issue with? Which OS is it running?

Bloomer8523
Tutor
Tutor
Hello

I have an iPhone xs with iPhone 12.1 software.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@pilotmattc @Bloomer8523

Have you tried contacting customer support & creating a case regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support

Bloomer8523
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I have twice and have a case number but that was last week and I haven’t heard anything yet regarding the issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

BCSO98,

What model device are you using & what OS is it running? Have you tried to remove/re-install the Arlo Moblie App?

BCSO98
Star
Star

@ShayneS wrote:

BCSO98,

What model device are you using & what OS is it running? Have you tried to remove/re-install the Arlo Moblie App?

I have Arlo Pro and it's running firmware 1.11.9.0_26520 and it says no updates available.  I did remove and reinstalled and it didn't make a difference.  Nothing has changed on my set up, so it had to be the latest update where they changed the look of everyting.  I even purchased a more powerful wireless router and wifi extender and nothing has helped with this issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

BCSO98,

What device are you using when the delay occurs? Does this behave the same on the web portal & Arlo Mobile App & WIFI/Cellular Data?

BCSO98
Star
Star

@ShayneS wrote:

BCSO98,

What device are you using when the delay occurs? Does this behave the same on the web portal & Arlo Mobile App & WIFI/Cellular Data?

It is delayed on my iphone and laptop on and off wifi does the same thing.  Runs clear for 3-4 seconds and then starts to freeze

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

BCSO98,

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you -  Arlo Tech Support

Bingnutz
Initiate
Initiate
My recordings or alerts I get are lagging. The video doesn’t start until 3 seconds in but the sounds starts immediately. This only happens on my iPhone XS. I’ve used other phones, online and the Apple TV app and the videos do not lag. I’ve called support, chatted with them and tweeted about this but still no fix. Someone please help with fixing the video playback.
dj28gupt
Guide
Guide

When watching videos from the libary on the new Ipad Pro 11 inch model there is about a 2-3 second delay in the video's. There is no delay in audio, so you hear the sound the motion is making right away but not see the object move for the first 2-3 seconds. I have an iphone X that is one year old and I have no delay in the video watching there. This is even with 2 arlo app updates this week and as of November 27th 10:26PM the problem is not fixed. I called several times and spoke to level 2 support about this and was told I would receive phone calls back and never have. I heard people with the newest model iphones such as the iphone xs and iphone xsmax are experiencing the same issue.

BBleez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just adding my name to the 2-3 frozen video issue at the start of a recording on the new iPhones. Can hear the audio, but playback is stuck at the beginning for at least two seconds. Playback is fine using a web browser on my computer (using Chrome). Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but no luck. Really disappointing 

iPhone Xs, iOS 12.1 (most up-to-date)

Arlo app 2.6.3 (updated 11/27)

Discussion stats
  • 54 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation