Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
LeighJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've recently installed a single Pro 2 and base station and getting very low quality video.
Having tried all the usual troubleshooting methods, I contacted my ISP to see if they could help and got a static IP address, still no improvement.
As i understand it, Arlo will adjust the video quality down if it detects low upload speeds, my upload is consistantly 3-4mbps with no other devices using my network.
What else can I do/try?

26 REPLIES 26
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@LeighJB wrote:
No QoS isn't used on my router, its disabled.

Support have literally been no help at all, complete waste of time actually.

How do you check this below?....
"Also check you are not getting interference on the channel that the base uses taking into account devices in the house that can interfere with 2.4"

There's a lot of bad information about 2.4 GHz interference out there - the 2.4 regulation actually specifies networking devices to co-exist in a friendly manner even if they are sharing the same channel. Ideally, only non-overlapping channels (1,6,11) are used within a household. But even something shares a channel, you're not going to see them kick each other off - the whole specification was designed around co-existence. What you might see, is higher latency or packet loss.

But in the end, this is not what's causing your Arlo issues. I've posted almost identical responses in various threads as @Raampage did above my post here; the info he/she posted is absolutely spot-on.

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

A bit of info but on AX if you use 2.4 and 40MHz and decide to not tick the coexistence tab the 2.4 channel will drop if it picks up interference. 

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation