Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Carlos73
Tutor
Tutor

Hi i have just connected my new Arlo Pro 2 camera and Arlo solar panel VMA460 up outside, the camera is working okay, but when i logged on before i got an error message, Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug.  If this error message persists, see KB article for Charging Faults? i can not seem to find any KB articles on here, can someone please help me, i only have the 1 camera option so havent got another one to try and plug it into, please help. Thanks in advance, Carl

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@Carlos73,

it is much easier to connect the sloar panel before you mount the camera than afterwards. It is quite difficult to get the tiny male connectors to fit inside the tiny female connectors, especially with the rubber grommets that Arlo added to the connectors to prevent moisture enter the panel/camera. It does require a little bit of jiggling and quite a bit of pressure to get it right, but be careful that you don't put too much pressure so as to damage the connectors. You will feel a slight click when you have made the connection. As I said before, I had so many problems gonnecting them after I mounted them that I took them down and played with them until I believed I had finally had the connections secure. I then took the camera with the solar panel connected outside and pointed it directly at the sun. When they are properly connected you will see a lightning bolt icon instead of the battery icon. When you have that working mount them. The cable will twist around as you screw the solar panel to the mount, but it can be straightened out after being mounted.

Brian

Carlos73
Tutor
Tutor

Hi thanks for getting back to me, I ended up contacting support last night, as it seems my camera won't even charge with the normal power cable, it's looking like a faulty camera charge port on the camera, 😔 must say not happy as it's only 2 days old, hopefully it'll get sorted later when I get a call back.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It likely would be fastest to swap at the store.

BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

My system has been up for a few years now, but I started having issues with the solar panels not charging the cameras AND also gettting the dreaded error message. The OE cables are extremely finicky and have to be seated just right to work consistently. Well, to make a long story short, I pulled them all and put them directly in the trash this past weekend. I went to Amazon and purchased four new cables from Cable Creations (CC0797) (Micro USB to Micro USB, coiled cords and gold plated connectors).  The cables were $7.99 each and I installed them with liberal amounts of Owens Corning #4 to maintain weather resistance and insulate the connections. ALL of my cameras are now charging, without issue, and even a couple I thought were dead panels!! Only time will tell, BUT so far, these cables are working like a charm.  

Carlos73
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for that really appreciate it, it's playing ball at the moment, so we will see.
BigDennis57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Playing ball is a GOOD thing! I'd seen where another user bought the Cable Creation cables and it solved his problems, SO I had to give it a try too! One extra thing to keep in my bag of tricks! Right now, all of my cameras are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing and that is a very good thing! LOL

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation