Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
MSLTX
Guide
Guide

Has anyone noticed the recording and live stream volume level is much lower with Arlo Pro 2 than the Arlo Pro or Arlo Q?

I have updated to the latest firmware: 1.124.1.0_15483. My HW version is H3.

The Arlo Pro 2 is at the exact same spot as my previous Arlo Pro and when played through either the browser or the iOS app, I can barely hear anything. If I turn up the volumn, then it'll be way too loud when playing recordings from Arlo Pro or the Arlo Q.

6 REPLIES 6
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Yes same with my pro2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MSLTX,

Is there any improvement if you do increase the volume? (just to test)

JamesC

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
No improvement the volume is clearly much lower than Arlo Pro 1 every time you turn on pro 2 camera you have to increase the volume on your smartphone to hear anything then when you go back to Pro one you have to turn it down again
MSLTX
Guide
Guide

@JamesC

Yes, I can hear the recording if I crank up the volumn (100%) on my Mac or iPhone. That's still not as loud as recoding made by Arlo Pro 1 (or Q) when played at 30% volume.

BTW, I did file a case with Netgear Support. I followed the instructions on removing battery, remove device form account, re-sync device to account, etc. The sound volume issue remains.

Thanks,

M

powerful03
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem also, volume from arlo pro is much louder that arlo pro 2.  Did anyone fix this issues???

MSLTX
Guide
Guide

It was not resolved. My ticket was escalated to level 2 support. I got a replacement unit with the same issue. I am hoping a firmware update can fix it.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation