Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
christianmagno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thinking on purchase the Arlo Pro 2 system, but where my camera probably will stay, it cant have power. To have free 7 days storage does it need to be pluged in or works on battery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@christianmagno wrote:

Thinking on purchase the Arlo Pro 2 system, but where my camera probably will stay, it cant have power. To have free 7 days storage does it need to be pluged in or works on battery?

The base unit needs power, and it connects to the cameras via wifi ( from the base unit which talks only to the cameras )

The cameras can be powered or battery , either way 7 days of rolling storage.( on day 8, day 1 is auto deleted, etc )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@christianmagno wrote:

The base unit needs power, and it connects to the cameras via wifi ( from the base unit which talks only to the cameras )

The cameras can be powered or battery , either way 7 days of rolling storage.( on day 8, day 1 is auto deleted, etc )

Morse is faster than texting!
christianmagno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac! I'm reading a lot of reviews and a couple of them say that to have storage (7 days, 30 days or whatever) the camera must be AC powered, with just the battery storage wouldn't work...

Anyways, I'll start with my new Arlo system! Thanks again.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation