Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live Viewing But No Motion Detect Recording After Firmware Update =To 1.125.11.1_25366

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
tilitili
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since Frimwareupdate to 1.125.11.1_25366 motion detection does not work anymore. 

Deleted Profiles and created new, no effect. 

Camera just don't capture video. Any idea's, known bug ?

14 REPLIES 14
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

tilitili, 

Have you tried to reboot your base station? Are you receiving notifications, but the videos will not upload in your library? 

tilitili
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, didn't try the reboot but will do. 

No, no notifications, motion detection just doesn't work

tilitili
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reboot ha no effect, no notifications, nothing

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray? Have you checked to see what mode is selected? What mode is in use? Have you tried the Armed mode?

tilitili
Aspirant
Aspirant

They were black - yes mode was checked. Changed mode several times, including armed, the actual mode is a self established. 

BUT : today it starts working again and pushed alarms and video with NO further change !

I asume there has been a unpublished softwarechange from Arlo or the fixed something in there cloud ( there has been an error ). I cannot see any other explanation. 

Is there a known problem fixed - any known changes in the Arlo Cloud ? 

josh19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having a similar issue, however, my two arlo pros are sending push notifications and recording again. The Arlo Pro 2 that is also connected to the base station is not sending push notificatiosn to the phone nor is motion triggering recording. The Pro 2 is plugged in while both the Pros are running on battery. I have tried to restart the base station and have also unplugged the base station without resolution. 

Firmware:

Arlo Pro2: 1.125.11.3_26229

Base Station: 1.11.9.0_26520

Arlo Pros: 1.092.0.19_26228

Drknow
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem but on only one camera. Men are black. Have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled. Just stopped on 10-16 or 10-17.  No notifications, no video on one of two camers

ZDX10
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue with one of my cameras. Please advise.

tilitili
Aspirant
Aspirant

As written, mine is working again WITHOUT any further changes or that I did something. This must be a problem in the ARLO Cloud or new firmware, but I suppose ARLO has / had a problem and might have fixed it without communication. 

ARLO be more open in your communication and publish common problems  / fixes !

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Drknow,

Have you tried to re-sync the camera that is having the no notification/recordings issue?

Drknow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Deleted camera, reinstalled (re-synced). Today I removed and reinstalled battery and it started working. I don’t know if that was solution or if Arlo changed something. I did this while switching cameras as the other continued to work. Not the first problem i have had with this system

josh19
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's evident that an issue exists based on comments in this thread and others, does Netgear have a plan to resolve? Ulitimately, the cameras and the ecosystem are worthless to consumers if they aren't functional. Also, we shouldn't have to resync our cameras, restart base stations, remove batteries, etc after you deploy Arlo firmware.

I'd recommend reassessing your q/a processes and customer care efforts, it's a lot easier to retain a customer then acquire a new one. I am almost positive Google and Amazon's camera systems (Nest, Ring) don't go down for days on end without resolution which is why I am currently thinking about switching to an Arlo competitor.

ZDX10
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted the base station, reinstalled everything and it seems to be working correctly now.

Drknow
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am spending too much time trying to keep system working. Bad system. I would not recommend Arlo to anyone

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation