Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Outdoor mounts that don't rust ?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
loghome
Star
Star

Are there any outdoor mounts for the Pro 2 that are made of stainless steel or something that won't rust?  I've been all over the internet and can't locate anything rustproof. Don't want my 1/4" threads all rusted up withing a month or two of being outside.

Please, can anyone can recommend some rust proof mounts?

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@loghome wrote:

Are there any outdoor mounts for the Pro 2 that are made of stainless steel or something that won't rust? 

I have used the "official" mounts for six months or so in exposed locations. Not a speck of rust in sight. Nor have a seen any complaints here about rusting mounts.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
loghome
Star
Star

Seen plenty of people saying the threads rust like crazy on these Arlo mounts. The hunt continues. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@loghome wrote:

Seen plenty of people saying the threads rust like crazy on these Arlo mounts.

It always helps to tell people where you saw "people saying" things. Rumours lack credibility.

The thread on the cameras is an industry standard that is widely used in cameras, for example.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
loghome
Star
Star

Saw the reviews on Amazon and the reviewers had pictures to back up their rust claims. I'm still on the hunt. 

loghome
Star
Star

I have purchased an bunch of mounts for the Arlo cameras and this is one of the best so far. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006OU3I4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation