Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Out Of Focus (Close Is Clear, Far Is Blurry)

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
vishes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've recently purchased a 3x camera Arlo Pro 2 system and one of the camera's image/video quality is worse than the other 2. It's clear when objects are close however anything more than 1-2 metres is blurred/distorted. Any idea on how to rectify this or do I have a faulty unit? 

I've already done the below:

- Removed protective film and lens cleaned. 

- Remove device from base station and re-synced the camera. 

- Positioned in different areas, makes no difference. 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

there is no lens focus, if the lens is out of focus, you will either have to return to place of purchase or contact Alro Support.

snap shots attached would help

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi vishes,

Sorry to hear this. I will provide you with the direct link to contact Arlo Tech Support. Arlo Tech Support

vishes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've contacted the store and they've advised me that the whole kit needs to be returned. Unfortunately I've already mounted them so it's going to be a major PITA to remove them all, box them then exchange. There could be a chance the one from the next batch could be faulty too.

Spoke with Arlo over the phone and after some troubleshooting, they offered to replace it however need to wait a week due to no stock.

Fatguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
My issue is one does not look as clear as the other and they are only a few feet from each other
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Fatguy

Have you tried to reboot the camera by removing the battery/reinsert & test the focus again.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation