Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - No Motion Detection w./ power but Motion Detection w./o power

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EAIdeas
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some reason, two of my three cameras do not detect motion when plugged into power. All three cameras came from the same 4 camera box set, and I purchased 3 outdoor power cables. When I plug two cameras ("Lawn" and "Driveway") into power the motion detection will not work (i.e. the yellow light on the camera does not light up in motion detection testing mode, and the motion dot stays black on my app despite movement). If I keep the same mode setting (set to the defualt "Armed") then unplug the cameras from power, then both cameras will detect motion just fine. I am totally confused on how or why this is happening. I understand activity zones will not work when unplugged, but to have it plugged and motion detection does not work at all makes no sense. I have already done troubleshooting by removing from base system, unplugging, and removing battery then resyncing. I have also tried to see if it works with activity zones set up and by removing the activity zones. The other camera ("Front Door") works when plugged in just fine (i.e. detects motion) in the same mode.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To be honest, I never used the "test" motion mode...

Try and just ARM the cameras with a sense level of about 90% and see if the cameras work.

The motion icon should be black when armed ( live view screen ) and go amber when a record is going on.

PS. in test mode the icon would stay black as motion detect is on and will not change color

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
EAIdeas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah I only went into testing to see if I can figure out what is going on. I should have said to begin with but sensitiviety is set to 100% on both cameras. The motion icon is black when armed and never goes amber or records even if I am outside jumping around. 

I wonder if it is bad firmware that has the features settings set wrong when plugged/unplugged. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You are setting the sensitivity in your modes, right, and not in the motion test?

EAIdeas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes it is set to 100% in the Armed Mode.

In terms of other troubleshooting it is also not working in the same way in:

• custom armed mode (mimicks the default armed mode)
  • scheduled mode during the armed time slot (also mimicks the default armed mode)
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I didn't see that you mentioned you did a factory reset ...

I would remove all devices re cameras and base

Reset the base ( hold in reset with paperclip for 10 sec till the leds flash amber )

(this will rebuild all the modes and settings in the base )

Then bring all back online as if a new setup

If still NG, sounds like a hardware issue

Morse is faster than texting!
EAIdeas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yea I had to do a factory reset because the Armed mode was disarming itself (based on the advice of Arlo customer support), and then this new issue started...it was working correctly before the factory reset (although Armed is not disarming itself anymore). I have not done a factory reset...almost afraid of what will happen. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reset will clear out weird problems most of the time. The times it won't work is when there's a hardware problem.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation