Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PropertyManager
Aspirant
Aspirant

ARLO PRO 2 model VMC4030P.   I've managed a senior community for 3 years. When the office is closed things seem to happen around the facilities. I am not familiar with the life of the current equipment. I have a camera in our main room, the office hallway, and one outdoors that notify the company email every week telling me the battery is low.    I grab the ladder and physically remove it to charge it in the office for 5-8 hours. The main clubhouse one seems to die after only 2 or 3 days.  Can I buy a new battery? Should I just buy a new camera?  I wish I could just speak with someone to go over a few things. Can anyone tell me is this Pro 2 camera very outdated and I should upgrade to a newer model?  I would love to have the battery only need charging once every few months or maybe a month. 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PropertyManager,

Battery life is dependent on several different factors. Usage, signal strength, environment etc. all have variables that impact battery life.

Take a look at the following article for some tips on how you can extend the battery life of your camera: https://kb.arlo.com/291/How-can-I-extend-my-Arlo-camera-s-battery-life

JamesC 

PropertyManager
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for reaching out James.  Is there a way to purchase another battery entirely?  Does it seem normal that under any circumstance I should be charging it after 3 days?    I'm looking into options and wonder if I should just upgrade from a Pro 2 to a Pro 4 or something.   Can you tell me how long the battery life would be on the newer model?  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If the camera is seeing heavy usage, the rate of battery drain you're seeing could be normal.

How much activity is the camera seeing (live streaming/recordings)?

For more information on this, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/1202753/How-long-do-Arlo-camera-batteries-last

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PropertyManager wrote:

Can I buy a new battery?  Should I just buy a new camera?  

You could get a Pro 4 XL camera, that has a much bigger battery.  But you'd still need to charge it more often than you'd like.

These cameras are indoors correct?  Is it practical to get power to the camera from a nearby outlet?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation