Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Buckeye75
Tutor
Tutor

I want to mount an Arlo Pro 2 on a section of my telescopic flagpole. It can't be drilled into the pole, so I want a solution that I can easily remove as I telescope the flagpole down. Straps? How to attach to the camera? Fasteners? Is the mounting magnet strong enough to hold camera once deployed 15 feet in the air?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero
9 REPLIES 9
brh
Master
Master

@Buckeye75

I glued an automotive hose clamp to the back of one of my cameras so that I could mount it to a lamp pole in my living room.

Brian 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

NetAtmo makes a pole mount for their weather station that might work. 

https://www.amazon.com/Netatmo-Mount-Rain-Gauge-Wind/dp/B017C4FXKI?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY...

Buckeye75
Tutor
Tutor

You are awesome, AncientGreek! That solution is perfect. The rubber piece is the key. I wish I could get the same holding strength with a fastener that's easy to take off when telescoping the flagpole down. Your solution needs a screwdriver and someone holding the flagpole up before the stop. I'm thinking a small rachet (Like a tie down for MCs.) that you can flip it up and it comes off. Thanks again for your best of breed solution. I owe you a drink. Next time you're in the Buckeye, call me.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Glad to help!

Buckeye75
Tutor
Tutor

Could not have been easier!Easy to install.Easy to install.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Only problem I see with that is on a fairly windy day the pole is going to move giving you false motion recordings.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Possibly.  Though it is likely the camera would be mounted fairly low on the pole and therefore experience less motion than it would higher up.  The same is true for small diameter trees.  Personally, I have more problems with branches, spiders & spider webs, leaves, rain & snow and days when there is bright sun, big clouds and a lot of wind.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have had succes by spraying bug-pest killer around the cameras every few weeks to a month and it greatly help the spider and web issues. Sometimes birds are amazed by the cameras and hover in front of them looking at the cameras.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I always figured the birds were looking for the spiders!

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation