Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
paisa415
Follower
Follower

Hi Everyone,

The motion detection system in the camera is not sending me notification when their is movement outside the house. I have set up a zone and that as well do not send me notifcation. How do i fix this? any suggestions?

in regards the Arlo Pro 2 Camera

2 REPLIES 2
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

Is your camera inside the house? Motion detection will not work through glass, as it requires IR detections and IR doesn't work through glass. Same applies with zones set. 

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

@paisa415wrote:

The motion detection system in the camera is not sending me notification when their is movement outside the house. I have set up a zone and that as well do not send me notifcation. How do i fix this? any suggestions?

in regards the Arlo Pro 2 Camera

If your camera is setup outside, check Modes > Rules > Edit to ensure you have "Record when motion is detected" and that the sensitivity level is sufficiently high. You can check for motion detection by clicking on Devices > the "gear" icon > Motion detection test. Walk around in area you are doing surviellance and the blue light on the front of the camera will light up when motion is detected. This all assumes your camera is not looking through glass as previously mentioned. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation