Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
PhilipQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

In Arlo app, Mode drops device name, leaving a blank page. Must log out and log in to get connectivity for a few minutes before it drops the device name.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

??? Sorry, not following what you're trying to say.

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

@PhilipQwrote:

In Arlo app, Mode drops device name, leaving a blank page. Must log out and log in to get connectivity for a few minutes before it drops the device name.

How far apart are the camera in question and the base? How many "bars" of signal strength are you getting. At roughly 30 m/100 ft, distance between a camera and the base station, through a wood frame house, in my case the camera is barely connecting to the base station. Can you test by temporarily moving the camera closer to the base station?

PhilipQ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Samsung S7 with a Google log in will show an Armed connection in the Mode tab when first connecting. After the Device or Library tabs are opened, the Mode tab display is blank when opened, no Mode is listed. Google connection on my PC works fine.
PhilipQ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Two cameras have 3 bars, two cameras have 2 bars. The Mode connection works fine on PC, I-PHONE, & Tablets.
PhilipQ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have made remote Device changes with the Mode tab blank (unable to see any Mode settings or rules)
PhilipQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

The original post was edited by me to explain various Samsung S7 Version 7.0 actions performed in the Device Tab while my Mode Tab connectivity is blank. The Mode Tab remains blank after log-in once any of the other Tabs are opened. I received a post that I listed a successful Solution. This is a problem, not a solution.

Also, my model 4 camera Pro2, VMB4000 base station will not post in the model box above.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@PhilipQ wrote:

I received a post that I listed a successful Solution.

That may have been me inadvertently hitting the solved button.  I don't recall if this was the thread but I retracted it and nothing is showing as a solution now.

PhilipQ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply, I m not sure how this posting works, will Netgear respond to my issue to resolve or to say they are working on a fix?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is a user forum where we try to help each other out. While there are Netgear moderators here, it may be easier and/or faster to open a case with support here, using the official support link at the bottom of this page (Contact Support) and again on the new page.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PhilipQ,

If you have no issues using other devices (PC and iOS) it sounds like this is isolated specifically to your Android device. Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation