Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo Pro 2/VMB4000 Hub

My front camera keeps losing night vision. I reset the camera and doesn't help. I can get night vision back on the front camera by resetting hub. Only lasts a few hours.I haven't been able to get outside to swap front and rear cameras. Weather and health. But, thought if resetting camera doesn't work and resetting hub does, it may be the hub. I would like to replace only the bad unit. So, want to make sure what is bad. Been trying to find a VMB4540 for the 99.00 listed on Arlo. But, that model is sold out everywhere. Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I seriously doubt it's the base since it's a hardware function of the camera. Exactly what do you mean by losing night vision? Post links of both with and without night vision so we can see.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I seriously doubt it's the base since it's a hardware function of the camera. Exactly what do you mean by losing night vision? Post links of both with and without night vision so we can see.

rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for reply. Not good at doing links. Will swap cameras from front and back porch soon. Needs to warm up. I just thought when I restarted the front camera, I would get night vision back. Had to reset base to get it back. Thanks
rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I wanted to just buy a new base. VMB4540. Wanted to upgrade over time. Tried a Chat with Arlo on my issue and also asked about getting the VMB4540 base, since I can't find it anywhere. Transferred me to Purchasing, they never answered. All this is has been frustrating. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Links are easy - go to the library and use the 3 dots menu on a video to select Share. Copy the link and post it here. Do that for each video so we can see what you do.

Can't help you with purchasing - keep trying. Maybe you can find a site that allows you to get notification when the hubs are back in stock.

There's on left here:

https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Accessory-Smart-Compatible-Cameras/dp/B07YD5S9FX

rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the info. I swapped cameras and so far no loss of night vision. But, with the snow and neighbors house night lights, it is not too dark. Will see how it goes for awhile. May eventually get the Ultra 2 System I have seen for 479.00. Thanks Again.
rugmankc1
Apprentice
Apprentice

The VMB4540 just came back in stock. Ordered one today off Arlo website. 99.00.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation