Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shared Camera Names Incorrect

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Paul__S
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have had Arlo Pro 2's for a few years now, opted to upgrade to Pro 3's.  The setup I chose was to move the Pro 2 Hub and cameras to indoor coverage, add the Pro 3 Hub and cameras to outdoor coverage on different account, then share the Pro 2 items to the Pro 3 account.  This lets be geofence the Pro 2's to off when home, on when gone.  Changed the names on all the cameras to identify their locations, but when viewing the Pro 2 cameras on the Pro 3 account, it show the prior name for those cameras.  Haven't figured this out yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul__S
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem has been resolved.  On the Grant Access page, I did not click the Allow Access Rights.  Click this to turn it on and nothing changed.  Removed the shared devices, reapplied the Grant Access option, this time including the Allow Access Rights and naming convention is now correct.  Thanks for your reply.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this onn an account that's been granted access? That account can set their own names for the cameras - it doesn't translate from the primary account's names after the initial setup.

Paul__S
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, access was granted, and you're correct, name can be changed on the account where they are shared, but each time I change the name and click save, it reverts back to it's prior name.  More specifically, Pro 2 cams were on account A for out side monitoring, moved them to account B and renamed for their new position...no problem so far.  Set up Pro 3 cams on Account A, shared cams on account B to Account A and on account A they revert to their prior names and will not take a change of name.  i.e...it shows two "Front Door" cams, but one is "Front Door", other used to be Front Door but is now named Great Room on account B.

Paul__S
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem has been resolved.  On the Grant Access page, I did not click the Allow Access Rights.  Click this to turn it on and nothing changed.  Removed the shared devices, reapplied the Grant Access option, this time including the Allow Access Rights and naming convention is now correct.  Thanks for your reply.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation