Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Re: enable activity zone

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Priyank Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Everyone i just bought new Arlo Pro 2 cameras and i am trying to enable activity zone but it keep saying that AC power has been disconnected from Arlo device. Activity zones are currently disabled. i did put cameras in charge for little while but didnot get any results. if anyone had same issue please help me.

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dannybear Mentor
Mentor
If you read the FAQs it explains why.

Basic activity zones only available on cabled and powered from arlo ac/dc adaptor.

Smart activity zones are allowed on battery only cameras but you have to buy them.

All Replies
Highlighted
Dannybear Mentor
Mentor
If you read the FAQs it explains why.

Basic activity zones only available on cabled and powered from arlo ac/dc adaptor.

Smart activity zones are allowed on battery only cameras but you have to buy them.
SanJoseBarrett Initiate
Initiate

I just bought the Arlo 2 from Costco two days ago ($500).

Constant notification triggered literally every minute, if not multiple times in a minute, due to the combination of wind and the shadow of the tree. Reducing the sensitiviy doesn't help because the shadow (of the tree) area is too large I guess. Only activity zone settings can resolve the issue. But the requirement of value-add service to enable activity zone is the deal breaker for me. I am going to return the device.

Guru jguerdat Guru
Guru

You are setting sensitivity in your modes and rules, right? The motion test is just a test and not a setting.