Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Wlw454
Initiate
Initiate

Is there a way to change / select a different notification sound? To Include the notification sound volume?

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Wlw454,

If you would like to change your notification sound on the Android Mobile App, go to Settings > Notifications

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
@ShayneS
Bad advice if you are an iOS user, Shayne. There is no way to change the notification sound.
Wlw454
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
For the first few months of 2018 Arlo notifications had a unique sound in iOS. This was lost in one of the 2018 app updates. There is an earlier thread on this topic. So, it is something Arlo could fix, IF they had competent programmers.
scooterstuff
Star
Star

Spread the word: They will only fix this if there are enough request on the Idea Exchange Page. Please give kudos to my post and also post the idea. The more people that submit and add kudos the more likely it is that we will get this done. I have made it easy for you. Feel free to post my text on your idea submission so they know to take this serious. 

Two years ago your community manager stated that IOS support for changing the notification sound was "coming soon" after the android release. It is still not implemented

Please see this thread. https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/change-push-notification-sound/td-p/1208429 where james states; " We have introduced a new feature that allows push notification customization including tone, LED color and more!
Currently available on Android and coming soon for iOS." This was posted February 27th, 2017.

Here is my idea submission please comment and give kudos. 
Feel free to use:

This is base level functionality that your users need to use these cameras for security. If I would have known this prior to purchasing I would have selecting another brand. There are many posts in the support section on this. Not sure if people know they should submit on the idea page. I would suggest someone look at the long threads where customers are getting very frustrated. While contacting your support team it was stated that you monitor the idea page. There are more likes on this topic than most of the other features that were implemented. "You are losing customers" by not having this feature and we ask that this is a high priority. Love the cameras, but please fix this MAJOR flaw in your software.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation