Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
QLS_Burns
Initiate
Initiate

Hi all,

I've looked through the forums for over an hour and haven't seen anyone with this exact problem.

I have a 3 Arlo Q Pro setup at my house.  Ive had them for about a year and a half now and love them.  I have them running through Smartthings and they integrate really well.  I like them so much I reecomended Arlo to my dad for security around his detatched garage.  He bought an Arlo Pro 2 four cam system with a base unit (VMS4430P) and is currently running it through his Smartthings hub and is very satisfied.

Now to the problem...

He wants to grant me access to help keep an eye on his building.  He sent me the invite, I accepted, his four cams and base unit popped up in my shared device list.  It says the base unit is not connected, but it is.  everythnig is still working fine for him on his account, but for me the base unit will not show as connected, and thus, the cams won't work on IOS or PC loggins.  We have tried deleting and resending the invite several times through the IOS app and through PCs several times.  Rebooting the base unit several times hasn't worked either.

Short of factory resetting everything, I feel like we've tried about everything.  the only things I can think of are we both only have basic subscriptions, so maybe i can't look at 7 cams in one account, or since both sets of cams are connected to their own Smartthings hub there's a problem there, but i don't see why it would matter.

thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

QLS_Burns,

When you say the cameras won't work, what are you experiencing? Do the cameras also show as not connected or are you seeing a different error message?

Can you provide a screenshot?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation