Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Feuchtinger
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there, the geofencing feature does not work - at least not as I would expect it to work. I have configured both the modes when I am at home and when I am away. But when I leave home or when I come back, ARLO does not recognize the change of state unless I click in the ARLO app. This is not What I expect this to do.. I expect the system to autodetect me leaving home / coming home (passing through the geofence) and change the mode automatically. If I need to click the app each time, this is just as good as switching the modes manually. Very frustrated. Anyone any idea? Maybe even someone from this company that does not deem it necessary to offer a plain customer service phone/email... kind regards Stefan
1 REPLY 1
TerryMW
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry, but it is my experience that the Arlo Geofencing has never worked as most users would expect......

Admittedly we are a difficult case with no cellular coverage at home.  I have tried forcing the Arlo app to stay in memory but to no avail.

My solution was to program the functionality to both activate and deactivate my ARLO system based on geographic location into Stringify which works very well.  I have even managed to integrate Stringfy with IFTTT to simultaneously activate a WEMO Insight switch to turn on an inside light if it is night-time - so the flexibility is there.

Stringify does take a little time to understand but I would be happy to send my basic flows if it would help......

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation