Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Continuous Recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gdmercad
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I understand, the Arlo Pro 2 camera when plugged in will record continuously discarding the video after 3 sec if no motion is detected. This will result in a motioned triggered video recording to start before any motion happens. Question: While the camera is recording non triggered motion, does it upload to the cloud? or only triggered recordings when camera is plugged in??  Was concerned that this would adversely affect my upload speed, if all three cameras were plugged in recording continiously, if all non triggered motion recording were uploaded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
I believe that the 3 seconds is the buffering limit in the camera. When the camera’s PIR detects motion the camera starts streaming to the base station using the base’s dedicated wifi connection. The base then records to the USB backup and to the cloud via the internet connection.
The only continuous stream uploading would be if using CVR plan.
Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
I believe that the 3 seconds is the buffering limit in the camera. When the camera’s PIR detects motion the camera starts streaming to the base station using the base’s dedicated wifi connection. The base then records to the USB backup and to the cloud via the internet connection.
The only continuous stream uploading would be if using CVR plan.
Hope this helps.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The 3 second lookback is from the camera constantly streaming, not a buffer. This is the same stream that is used for CVR and requires the use of AC power since the battery would die quickly.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation