Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Phil_Sydney
Follower
Follower

I received my 4-pack Arlo Pro 2 yesterday.  Got the base station setup and connected the first camera OK, but the other three cameras would not connect.  They would time-out and flash amber.  I tried several times with each camera.

After much searching through the community, I found an answer that worked for me.

I disconnected the base station from the internet!  

Then pressed the sync button on the base station till the sync light flashed, followed by pressing the sync button on the camera till it flashed. The second camera took about 30 seconds to sync, and so did the next two - they all synced first time.   NB I reset the cameras by removing the battery first.

After reconnecting the internet, a reboot of the base station was required to make the new cameras appear in the apps.

A few notes:

- There is a post that says that you can reset the camera by opening the battery cover for 20 Seconds.  That may have worked on the Arlo Pro or older models, but it doesn't work on the Arlo Pro 2.

- There are posts that say that you have to use the Add Device button in the app.  This is not the case.  I don't know if that would have avoided the base station reboot, but I couldn't do that anyway because the base station was disconnected from the internet.

2 REPLIES 2
TStratton
Aspirant
Aspirant

If the cameras don't connect by themselves then they never will. You have to send them in for a replacement. Just pray they send the right camera back and not a Arlo Pro like they did to me.

Ella01
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do not like Arlo. It is not reliable.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation