Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 - Cameras failing

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jess123456
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a hub and set of cameras at both home and work. 

Most are all of a sudden failing.

I charge and set them up, they show as working at the time when I come back to check them online - but when I check over the next few days there are no recordings where I know there were people around and the camera is no longer connected. 

The biggest issue is that there is no notice, no notification, no email warning. It just simply waits for you to log in and see the error on the page and now you've missed days. 

If I could monitor constantly I wouldn't need the cameras or recording function. 

What is failing?

Batteries on 2/6 have failed. The annoying thing is once again - no official or helpful notice. You just have to realise it on your own. Charge them up, it looks fine. Put it out - test it - looks fine - check in a couple days later, it's disconnected - Bring it in for testing - battery that was at 100% is now dead. 

Connection 3-4/6. 2 at home, 2 at work. different hubs. Different ages and work loads. 

All of a sudden cameras keep dropping connection and again - no notification, you just have to realise yourself. Looking at the devices page doesn't show a fault either - they show as working, it's not until you try play live or connect that they say not connected. No reason given. Battery supposedly full. 

I have removed and reset all items multiple times. It feels like they've reached a time out age like when apple would slow down older phones. I won't be replacing these with more arlo. 

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master

I would suggest your base has caught a virus, arlo firmware update most likely.

One approach is to scorch earth the system and start again. Factory reset the base station, remove all devices from your account. Logout all active sessions via the arlo app’s privacy centre / account / active sessions.

Install again as new install.

Note: You will loose your library video’s so download any that you want to keep an make a note of the operating settings to make the rebuild easier.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

I would suggest your base has caught a virus, arlo firmware update most likely.

Not a computer virus.

@jess123456 :  If you are using the browser (my.arlo.com) interface, then Arlo has had a problem with the battery life (and other camera status) being misreported for some months.  They just rolled out the 3.8 web client which is supposed to fix that.  (So far it seems to have fixed it with my own system).

The 3.8 client for iOS and Android is also being rolled out (phased, so you might not see it yet).

So maybe check that you are running 3.8, make sure all the batteries are charged, and see if the system is behaving better.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation