Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Jeff2020
Guide
Guide

I am extremely disappointed. I have an issue with extremely low volume output on the cameras. Completely inaudible!!

This seems to have been an issue with your app for a few YEARS!!!! Why has this not been fixed!!!!

Please do not attempt to tell me it is my "mic gain" on my phone. That absolutely can not the case as it is not an issue on any other app, phone, video conferencing, etc..... 

It is absolutely an app issue. 

I need this fixed or a complete refund!

Normally I do not get upset about "issues" but this has been a problem for you guys for at least 3 years according to this community!

Its time for real answers or the online reviews will be plentiful.

Thank you,

Jeff

40 REPLIES 40
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice

If these don't fix this trash before Black Friday, I'm changing to Eufy. They have stellar product AND app reviews, local storage, they say it's a one time cost won't hurt your wallet purchase, anti theft alarms on their cameras, image enhancement technology, etc. I've spent too much time on this junk recently to change now. Black Friday is my deadline......

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

When did this low volume first occur & which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Jeff2020
Guide
Guide
Thank you for responding in a timely manner.
I started from right out of the box. Never worked.
Resynced , no good.
Phones are all androids s9 and two s10
Re install apps, no good
All 4 cameras are in audible when we try to talk out from the apps.
I'm not trying the computer because that is not the way we will ever use that feature.
We can hear what's going on outside, but people outside can not hear us.
From what little I know it is obvious a programming error in the app or an incompatibility issue with androids.
Do I need the original boxes to get my full refund???
Customer tech support keeps talking in circles.
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
Tech support is no help. I believe it's a compatibility issue with Androids. They've known about it for years, but pretend like reinstalling the app or some other nonsense will fix it, like it's not their problem.
Jeff2020
Guide
Guide

What is the process to get a full refund on my purchase???

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jeff2020

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

penylayn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Pretty sure the issue in addition to the camera issue is that customer service has been non-responsive according to his posts? How is directing him to contact CS helpful??? I am having the same issues Arlo 2 and Android - useless. The question is: Is action being taken to rectify the compatibility with Android products and Arlo? We have six Arlo cameras and need at least two more, but will not buy more and will switch to another product if there is no plan to rectify the compatibility issue. Why keep them if they don't work?
Bludder
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have also the problem with very low speaker volume on the Pro2 camera using Samsung Galaxy 9+. It is strange that Arlo cannot fix it, it has been a known issue for years. It makes me very concerned, does the routers have the same software quality.
Bludder
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, any Samsung 9+, we have 4 om them at home
Bludder
Aspirant
Aspirant
No support on it
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Community,

I have a few questions for you:

1. Does this issue occur on any other devices? Do you have an iphone/ipad you can test the push to talk volume with?
  2. Is this occurring on your iphone & Android device?
Jeff2020
Guide
Guide

No i-phones or I-pads exist in my home. And it is irrelevant. 

You  and the support staff have heard all the issues and trouble shot this issue hundreds if not thousands of times. 

It is a programming issue with in the arlo app.

It also seems as there is no plans to fix this compatibility issue.

Why don't you guys care to fix the issue with in your app?

I don't understand. 

Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
They don't care about anything, and that's why they will fail. I'm selling all my shares and looking for replacement cameras, because it's a sinking ship. Jump with me and save yourself much headache.
TB2020
Initiate
Initiate

I have had my 3 cameras for a 5 months and I have had a few problems, but i will start with the Push to talk, it doesn't work no matter what I do. I have the updated software and app. I paid a good amount for these cameras to so many problems already. I just want to deal with the push to talk... but if you want to know the other problems are, its always searching for main box, and the batteries died so fast i had to hard wire them in. I was told the batteries would last up to 2 months if there were not used a lot and they were not. They would die in less then a week.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @TB2020

Can you elaborate on the Push to talk feature issue you are experiencing?

TB2020
Initiate
Initiate
Well i can hear people but no one can hear me.
Discussion stats