Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Won't Connect - worked fine for two years. Had power outage but nothing is recording.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KimberlyR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've loved our Arlo Pro 2 system with  three cameras for almost two years. We had a power outage recently and I noticed that when power came back on, the system wasn't recording anything. When I looked, the base station was offline. I tried to reconnect and nothing. I have disconnected, powered off, reconnected and even reset the unit multiple times. I've tried from app on my phone (which I also deleted and downloaded again) and also from my desktop computer. Nothing was changed with the router or modem. It's out of warranty, so I can't call them for assistance...any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you CAN call for help - the warranty only applies to replacement hardware.

WHat do the LEDs on the base show? SHould be all green.

KimberlyR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Lights are all green-middle one blinking occasionally.

I thought phone support was only free during warranty. I can try calling today...
Queenee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot Connect Base Station To My Phone App. I did everything this other individual did and I too cannot connect the base station to my app. 

Queenee
Aspirant
Aspirant

So one step i tried and worked, was to hold the reset button in until the lights turned amber, then had the app search for the base station while the base station was rebooting. App found the base station right away.  Perhaps a glitch in the Arlo 'matrix' but it worked for me. Base station and cameras up and running again!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation