Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Jeff2020
Guide
Guide

I am extremely disappointed. I have an issue with extremely low volume output on the cameras. Completely inaudible!!

This seems to have been an issue with your app for a few YEARS!!!! Why has this not been fixed!!!!

Please do not attempt to tell me it is my "mic gain" on my phone. That absolutely can not the case as it is not an issue on any other app, phone, video conferencing, etc..... 

It is absolutely an app issue. 

I need this fixed or a complete refund!

Normally I do not get upset about "issues" but this has been a problem for you guys for at least 3 years according to this community!

Its time for real answers or the online reviews will be plentiful.

Thank you,

Jeff

40 REPLIES 40
HB9EYP
Star
Star

I have set the speaker volume to 100%

When I connect using my iPhone I can hear well via the cam loudspeaker (two way works fine)

When I connect using my Samsung S9 the volume is very very low, close to not audible at all at camera side.

Have latest Firmware installed for both cam and Android. 

What's wrong with Android  ??????

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Some phones have problems...

you can check for a mic gain on the android

check and turn off privacy mode on the phone if on (limits gain of mic )

test with an external mic if you have one ( I have seen mic holes plugged with pocket crud )

let us know if anything changes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
HB9EYP
Star
Star

Hi and thank you for your reply.

Was a good idea to test with an external microphone, but unfortunately the same result. I need to speak very very close to the microphone and I can hear myself at a normal level in the cam speaker but if I am 2 or 3cm  away from Android mic = no sound anymore. Speaking to close to Android mic does not allow me to watch the video, nor it is good quality (breath/wind noise).

I tried again with iPhone and I can hear sound LOUND AND CLEAR, almost too loud ...  being 10cm away from iPhone screen and watching video works perfectly.

I checked all sound options on my Android and deactivated all that could disturb but no effect. I uninstalled the application, restarted the S9 and re-installed Arlo App with confirmation to all access right (position, microphone, etc...). The same status needs to put my lips on the microphone for hearing something on Pro2 speaker. Something wrong with the app for Android/S9 !

Anyone else having success using S9 with Pro2 and Two-way voice between Pro2 and S9???

HB9EYP
Star
Star
First I thought with iPhone it was better. At least volume was loud and clear not like with Android.
But after more testing with iPhone it is very much unstable. It works fine first time when I push the button to talk. Then I push again for second phrase and talk but no sound is sent to camera.

Very disappointed about this non working function of Arlo Pro2. For sure it cannot be used for a door interphone, two ways talk does not work well enough.
Not speaking about the 3 seconds delay...when sound is sent/received.

My base station was 10feet away from cam fully loaded.

I would not recomend Arlo because of that and nobody is able to help or confirm they can use it without issue. Conclusion function does not work.
M_Mae
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I have the same problem too. Using S9+. Latest firmware on base, camera and volume is already at 100%. Can't even hear anything using the app. Desktop is loud and clear. Is there a solution to this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@M_Mae

Does this issue occur if you use a different device/phone?

jasongabler
Star
Star

I have the same issue.  It does not matter which phone or desktop web browser/mic, but people at the camera cannot hear speech coming out of the camera.  I really like the Arlo system, been using it for about 2 years now. But this has become a required feature. My constructions PM has Nest and has no problem with this. His phone with my Arlo, same problem as me.  So, this is not a phone model issue, as I have seen reported on other threads. This is an Arlo issue.

jyg

GaryBoisseau
Star
Star
Same issues as other posters. Speaker volume at the camera is almost non-existent. Even yelling into my S9 can't be heard by someone near the camera.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @GaryBoisseau

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech support

GaryBoisseau
Star
Star
Your tech support barely speaks English and when I can understand them, they have me jumping through hoops.
jasongabler
Star
Star

@ShayneS wrote:

Hi @GaryBoisseau

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech support

I keep seeing this "contact support" answer over and over again for this issue. What exactly is customer support doing? Why can't Netgear post some details about the solution here?
I realize the solution might actually require customer support's intervention on a per-customer basis, but I think we all would like to see the answer on the forum... where the question was originally posed. 
jyg
AZRichie
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using a Samsung s10 and having the same issues. Can't wait to get a good solution
Brandon-watch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Galaxy note 10+ and i have the same issue.  very dissappointing to say the least.  really considering switching out for the Eufy wireless camera.  i thought that maybe i could save myself by getting the doorbell but i see the same exact complaints.

maybe we will have more luck now that arlo separated from netgear.  maybe they were the issue. who knows...

gjs11
Initiate
Initiate

Galaxy 10e and I have the same issue.  Very dissappointing to say the least. 

This was a feature I wanted on the camera system.

Maerina
Aspirant
Aspirant
my speaker volume was turned up to 100%but the volume coming and going was so quiet you could hardly hear it it was like someone was whispering. I returned two cameras I was unhappy with the low volume and I would rather use the ring camera with volume hearing audio is much clearer and louder.
HB9EYP
Star
Star
Good décision to retourn them. This is a known problem but Arlo does not care about it. No fix after 12 months... a shame for such expensive cameras.
Henni112
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have the VMS4330P,
I am using a Samsung Note8 phone. Arlo and phone's firmware are up to date. Mic bare registers me speaking through it. Wife has an iPhone XR, can hear her perfectly
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Henni112

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jeff2020

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Jeff2020
Guide
Guide
I did that with out response.
This has been a problem with the Carlo app for at least 3 years. Why is it not fixed yet?
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here, but that's the least of my issues with Arlo. I'd first like a glitch free video feed, stabile app, and recognition of my local storage 100% of the time.
Jeff2020
Guide
Guide
Any updates?????

I'm sure you already know of the issue and its cause. Please post here all info that you know of.

Thank you
Jeff2020
Guide
Guide
ARL support has been making me jump through hoops. None have had any effect. They do not seem to have any desire to take any responsibly over the issue nor do they seem to have a desire to explain themselves nor talk to me like a person. I am growing increasingly frustrated.
Unhappy happy customer.

Does anyone know the process to get a full refund?
The product is obviously defective.

@ShayneS
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
They don't care. Return it to the supplier if you can.
Discussion stats