Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Cameras Alert Motion Detected Constantly When There Is No Activity

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
man00dude
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have two Arlo Pro 2 Cameras Alert Motion Detected Constantly When There Is No Activity. I have reset the base station (4000r3) numerous times. Removed all cameras from the base and reinstalled. Removed all cameras, doorbell from base. Then removed the base from my network. Reset base station to factory default. Then reinstalled everything back online to the base station. Same exact issue. Checked all hardware firmware updates. Made sure the devices are not alerting and checked the rules settings to make sure they are not tied together. #ArloPro2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
man00dude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since you recommended to check and lower the sensitivity (video), the issue hasn’t occurred.  I will monitor closely.  Maybe that was the fix.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ARe the videos noted as motion or audio? You may need to disable the audio detection in your modes and rules.

man00dude
Aspirant
Aspirant

The library has the videos as motion detected. All cameras have audio disabled.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Place the cameras (at least one of them) in a dark drawer to see if they still trigger. If so, they're faulty and need to be replaced. Having 2 do the same thing is weird, though.

man00dude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Placed one of the cameras in a drawer overnight, no alerts fired.

Note:  I should add that when this issue started several months ago,  I performed a restart on the Hub alone from the app.   Both cameras settled down and functioned as designed.  Then eventually the issue returned.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then it sounds like camera positioning and/or motion sensitivity setting in your modes and rules. Try reducing the sensitivity in the (various) camera rules and post a screenshot of the cameras' views for suggestions.

man00dude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Attached is a snapshot of the driveway cam and its sensitivity setting.  I change the setting to 50%.   There are no rules or activity zones set up for either camera.5DADA939-19DB-4285-A9B3-F9E1A55E0739.png4CCE9059-9FD9-473F-80C5-F72DBE8DA070.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@man00dude wrote:

Attached is a snapshot of the driveway cam and its sensitivity setting.  I change the setting to 50%.  

Actually you haven't.  You are using the motion detection test - the threshold there is only for the test.

To change it for real, you need to go into the camera rules.

man00dude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wrong pics sent.  Here is the sensitivity settings.  Was 80, adjusted to 50.6B878EC7-EBA0-4813-B561-BD9F26C155DD.jpeg8BBA2DE9-CDE5-4456-9748-81A68F98D221.jpeg

man00dude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your time on this matter.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One option is to do a factory reset of the base and reonboard the cameras.

man00dude
Aspirant
Aspirant

I performed the following about 2 weeks ago:  removed all cameras and doorbell from the base.  Removed the base from my network.  Reset the home base to factory.  Installed the base to  network, installed all cameras.    Should I perform the same procedure again?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@man00dude wrote:

I performed the following about 2 weeks ago:  removed all cameras and doorbell from the base.  Removed the base from my network.  Reset the home base to factory.  Installed the base to  network, installed all cameras.    Should I perform the same procedure again?

I didn't realize you'd already tried the reset.  Maybe just try removing/readding the pro 2 cameras with the problem from the account?

man00dude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since you recommended to check and lower the sensitivity (video), the issue hasn’t occurred.  I will monitor closely.  Maybe that was the fix.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation