Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera stopped charging - Charging Fault error message

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ArloPro2UserUS
Tutor
Tutor

HW Version H4

Firmware 1.125.13.1_1188

I am using a Netgear Charger and the cable, but I have started getting the following error: "A charging fault has been detected. Unplug and reconnect the charger from the camera side of the plug. If this error message persists, see KB article for Charging Faults." I have tried resetting the camera, reboot the camera, removed the battery, everything which I could think of, but I am still getting the error message listed above. 

Also, all attempts to contact have failed, please advise. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be an issue with the charger itself. Does it work on any other camera? Have you tried another charger that support Qualcomm QuickCharge which supplies both 5v and 9v outputs?

ArloPro2UserUS
Tutor
Tutor
Hi

I have tried multiple chargers and the same chargers work with other 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

Please advise.
ArloPro2UserUS
Tutor
Tutor

Also, all attempts to create an Arlo case have failed, and hence I came here and posted my question. I am still in the 1 year warranty period. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using the Contact Support link at the bottom here is the only way to get a warranty claim going. We can't fix a hardware problem.

Hallenti
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had issues with the charging fault indication. First I swapped the batteries between the two cameras I have. The camera in question still had the error, so I assumed it was the camera, not the battery. I carefully checked inside the camera, and I could see moisture. The camera was in use outside, not under cover. I removed the battery and put the camera in a warm spot (over a floor register) for a while to dry it out. I suppose a hair dryer could be used carefully. Once dried out, the camera with the battery began to charge and operate as usual.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation