Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jdhough
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed two Arlo Pro 2 Cameras outdoors.   Neither camera is charging very fast.  One moved one percent overnight but shows charging.  Other a little better.  I am looking at new cameras but hate tho throw this money away.  I installed a 25ft cable for constant charging.    Anyway, this is my last try at getting this to work before I go elsewhere.  Any help or even ideas on other systems is appreciated.   This shouldn't be this hard.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First I would ask ;

1) are you using the ac adapter that was supplied? The adapter is a qualcom dual voltage in that it supplies 5v usb to run and 9v usb to charge the battery pack... you can not charge the pack from a standard usb adapter.

2) dc voltage can be lossy is smal gauge wires... with a 25 ft wire ( non arlo ) , I wonder if enough voltage is reaching the far end to charge... the specs on charging are pretty tight and .5v less may make a diff.

3) how do they charge with the supplied cable/adapter?  They should charge in aprox 2.5- 3 hrs.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jdhough
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  I am using the power adapter that it came with but not the cable.  Needed a longer cable.  Guess that is my problem.   Thanks again.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

An easy test would be to take one down for temp and charge it with the supplied adapter and cable

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation