Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification by Nov 30th, 2020 to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Batteries Won't Charger With The Power Cable

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

First of all the arlo calling service system is the worst system I have ever used in my life so far. Please spend more money on a better call back system. 

Second, I have three arlo pro 2 devices, and all of them have troubles on recharging through the recharging cable. When my battery reached 23%, it automaticly turned off and disconnected from the base. So I simplely pluged in the cable, and then blue light flashed few times. Then I open my app, the camera connected automaticly, eveything was in the right position, and the app also shows the battery is charging. So I turned it off and wait. One day later, the battery was still 23%, after I unpluged the cable, the camera disconnected from app immidiately. So I switched to a different power source and re-pluged the cable and wait another day. One day later, it was still 23%. So I moved the location a little bit and unpluged the cable, open the battery case, pluged it back in many times and finally it worked. But after I recharge the first one, same thing happen to my second one, I think the cable or maybe the batteries were broken, I only recharged my camera 2-3 times, and every single time, I have to spend almost one week to make sure all my cameras were fully charged. 

I called the support team, but the call back system was a garbage, it either took my number un-correctly or just repeat my number again and again without stop. 

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you are using the supplied ac adapter and cable.

If trouble continues, contact Arlo support

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

The supplied ac adapter and cable are the only ones I have and use. and also I called the support team, but the call back system is useless. I have waited in line for almost half day yesterday. 

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try a charger that supports Qualcomm Quick Charge capability (like recent Samsung phones, and has both 5v and 9v outputs) to see if it's the charger. Dead batteries may nned a kick in the arse to get going - check the FAQs here for how to do that.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation