Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
HowieH
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all!  I recently ran into issues with one out of five cams I've had operational for a year.  Initially, it seemed like the battery wasn't holding charge.  After several attempts at recharging, this still wasn't solving the issue so I got a new battery.  Initially I had issues with it running continuous records even without motion.  The cam was resynced and worked fine for about two days, and now it's "offline" again.  I know it isn't a battery issue and not a sync issue.  All firmware are updated.  I'm more convinced there is something wrong with the camera itself.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Whenever you suspect a hardware issue, open a case with support to get the claim in during your warranty period. You may be lucky if you're still within the typical 1 year warranty but if not they can try to help but you may need to buy a new camera instead of being able to get one RMAed.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

HowieH
Tutor
Tutor

So what you're saying is I now have a 100 dollar paperweight as I'm outside the warranty.  Is there any place to get it refurbished?  I do not enjoy losing 100 dollars.  If not, then Netgear really needs to reevaluate standing by their customers as this is a quick way to lose them.  Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What consumer electronic equipment can you get repaired? If your TV dies, good luck fixing it since it will cost as much as buying a new one that has more features.

There's an old link in the original Arlo section here that points to Arlo selling refurbished components. I have no idea if it's still valid but:

https://store.arlo.com/arlo-products

HowieH
Tutor
Tutor

You're not wrong.  However, most TVs will last longer than a year and change.  It's just surprising to me that the tech has screwed up, that's all.  Thank you anyway.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation