Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Highlighted
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2 Camera Stopped Working Completely

Hi all!  I recently ran into issues with one out of five cams I've had operational for a year.  Initially, it seemed like the battery wasn't holding charge.  After several attempts at recharging, this still wasn't solving the issue so I got a new battery.  Initially I had issues with it running continuous records even without motion.  The cam was resynced and worked fine for about two days, and now it's "offline" again.  I know it isn't a battery issue and not a sync issue.  All firmware are updated.  I'm more convinced there is something wrong with the camera itself.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thank you.

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 5
Guru

Whenever you suspect a hardware issue, open a case with support to get the claim in during your warranty period. You may be lucky if you're still within the typical 1 year warranty but if not they can try to help but you may need to buy a new camera instead of being able to get one RMAed.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Message 2 of 5
Aspirant

So what you're saying is I now have a 100 dollar paperweight as I'm outside the warranty.  Is there any place to get it refurbished?  I do not enjoy losing 100 dollars.  If not, then Netgear really needs to reevaluate standing by their customers as this is a quick way to lose them.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
Guru

What consumer electronic equipment can you get repaired? If your TV dies, good luck fixing it since it will cost as much as buying a new one that has more features.

There's an old link in the original Arlo section here that points to Arlo selling refurbished components. I have no idea if it's still valid but:

https://store.arlo.com/arlo-products

Message 4 of 5
Aspirant

You're not wrong.  However, most TVs will last longer than a year and change.  It's just surprising to me that the tech has screwed up, that's all.  Thank you anyway.

Message 5 of 5