Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera Not Recording In Wide Angle

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
mehulia
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased arlo pro 2 camera and base station. I was trying the camera in different locations and it was showing the video in very wide angle. However when I installed it outside, the video is not shown in wider angle anymore. It seems as if the video is zoomed in already. I tried multiple things, but couldn't fix this issue. Please help.
PS : I already tried to pinch out the video but that didn't solve the issue. Seems like the recording itself is happening in some zoomed mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Haven't seen that. I'd guess that somehow it was zoomed in whether by your or by an issue with the camera. If it happens again, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mehulia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just an update, the camera has automatically started recording in wider angle now. Please see the videos attached.

Can someone please help why the camera wasn't doing this before?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No attachments - provide links to videos instead (use the library, view a video and use the Share icon to copy a link to paste here which will only be valid for 24 hours). 

Any chance you had set the Pan and Zoom in your camera settings?

mehulia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, I tried attachment but that didn't work. Here is the link of video before: https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/73EAF3FB4B06FA03_201812
Here is the video now: https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/9DCD8145CD9E6F80_201812

No, I didn't touch any of such settings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Haven't seen that. I'd guess that somehow it was zoomed in whether by your or by an issue with the camera. If it happens again, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation