Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

have 5 cameras but want notifications from only 1 camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
litbro
Guide
Guide

I have the kit of 5 cameras, and it's really great.  I have 1 camera that is most likely to tell us if there is an intruder and  don't need 5 sets of notifications blowing up four iPhones all day long (crying wolf).  A family of 4 walks around ya know 😉  5 caneras send so many notifications that everyone in the family has turned notifications off, completely nullifying the notifications system.

What we need is to have notifications active on one camera (maybe 2?) and then we can decide to look at the others, based on what we see on the "notifying" camera.

I can't think of how to search this, can anyone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
litbro
Guide
Guide

OK I found it.

From the browser (for example) go to "mode".  You will see your 5 cameras listed.  

You have to go to each camera separately and "edit" to un-click the notifications box .  Leave the one camera you want with "push notifications" checked.

There's no top-view, you have to go down each wormhole to see where it goes. Kinda clunky, and excessive whitespace / scrolling, but it works.  Maybe later versions will provide an editable summary presentation of all camera settings.  No summary view makes me leery of buying more Arlo cameras.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
litbro
Guide
Guide

OK I found it.

From the browser (for example) go to "mode".  You will see your 5 cameras listed.  

You have to go to each camera separately and "edit" to un-click the notifications box .  Leave the one camera you want with "push notifications" checked.

There's no top-view, you have to go down each wormhole to see where it goes. Kinda clunky, and excessive whitespace / scrolling, but it works.  Maybe later versions will provide an editable summary presentation of all camera settings.  No summary view makes me leery of buying more Arlo cameras.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@litbro wrote:

OK I found it.

There is a summary view of status for multiple cameras on an iPad, but not for rules.  Generally speaking, once you set the rules up the way you want them, you don’t have to visit them unless some firmware update screws them up....fairly rare, but it has happened.  A larger issue was when all of the status icons were taken away in V2.6.0 of the app.  Fortunately, Arlo listened to the roar of user disapproval and put them back.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation