Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KayLor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased two Arlo Pro 2 wire-free cameras to go with my 3 Arlo wire-free cameras.  Unfortunately, all camera motion detection and notifications have practically stopped.  I cannot afford to pay for a subscription, so I use the cameras and a USB memory stick.  Even the original Arlo cameras worked so well in the past.  However, it seems that since I do not pay for a subscription, it is negatively affecting my cameras.  Also, the Arlo app I used with my J3 Samsung camera worked so much better than it does with the S10 Galaxy android phones.  My husband and I are so extremely frustrated, we are about ready to give up on Arlo completely.  Yes we have zones set, yes we have cameras placed properly, yes we have stong batteries or plug in cables.  Also, the night vision on all cameras has become so

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KayLor

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

KayLor
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have discontinued and reconnected the cameras, resynced them and readjusted the settings but still continue to have issues. Now we lost the Zone ability on the Pro cameras and are still getting status issues. These delays are frustrating since we must wait until status is complete. Sometimes status does not complete and we must exit and recess the app. All are very frustrating.
KayLor
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have discontinued and reconnected the cameras, resynced them and readjusted the settings but still continue to have issues. Now we lost the Zone ability on the Pro cameras and are still getting status issues. These delays are frustrating since we must wait until status is complete. Sometimes status does not complete and we must exit and reacess the app. All are very frustrating.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KayLor

Have you tried to remove the camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add them?

Also, the Arlo Pro requires a smart subscription for activity zones. The Arlo Pro is not capable of AC powered activity zones, but the Pro 2 is. The smart sub will allow the Pro camera to be capable of Activity Zones off battery power/while plugged in.

KayLor
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello ShayneS. Yes, we have removed and reconnected the cameras but no change. Also, when we first purchased the arlo Pro cameras, activity zones were free. After purchasing two Arlo Pro 2 cameras earlier this year, we realized the zones we unavailable on the Pro cameras. However, in a previous update the activity zones were again available. It has only been since removing and reconnecting the Pro cameras that we again lost the zone ability. Night vision is also very poor and notifications and access to the Arlo app has been very slow. We would like to keep using these cameras with the free week recording. We cannot afford to pay for a subscription.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KayLor

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this. I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation