Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hoonigan123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having trouble lately with one of my Arlo Pro 2 Cameras (1 of 7 cameras). It worked fine brand new out of the box for a little over a month. It has been losing communication connection and says it is offline. The camera is currently being connected by external power source (USB). I tried unplugging the camera and waiting a few seconds then plugging back in. The camera will regain connection for awhile and then maybe after 6-8 hours later I check on it and it is back to saying it is offline. I tried removing the device and then adding it back onto my system and it does the same thing it will stay online for awhile then goes back to offline status eventually. Any ideas on what it is? It is Hardware Version H4 and the firmware says it is up to date. I checked the base station and its firmware is up to date too with no updates available. I rebooted the base station too. I am about ready to take it back to Best Buy if it keeps it up.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried using the battery (which can be installed while powered anyways)? It's always possible it's a bad camera, just as cars, TVs, etc. can go bad quickly. It happens.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried using the battery (which can be installed while powered anyways)? It's always possible it's a bad camera, just as cars, TVs, etc. can go bad quickly. It happens.

Hoonigan123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I went to try it with a battery and when I repowered it with battery it said a firmware update was available for the camera. I installed new firmware and it has been working fine ever since.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation