Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
03bluecoupe
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the Arlo Pro 2 system with 5 cameras.  Suddenly, none of the cameras are shown under the "Mode" tab on either Windows or Android access methods.  They are shown under Devices and I can turn them on/off etc but without the Mode view I can't change the notification settings.

I have re-booted my router. Re-booted the Arlo Base.  Same - I deleted a camera and  re-added it - same.  So I have no way to turn email notices on/off etc.   I'm not paying for any upgraded service - just have the 7 day cloud recordings with are working. I can view them on my laptop and phone. The cameras show everywhere else, just not under the Mode view. 

I'm probably being dense.... anyone know what I'm forgetting?

Thanks,
Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Mode should show the modes.  Once you see your modes, you click on the pencil to edit the mode and that’s where the device rules are located.

I have never seen devices directly on the mode tab...you have to drill one more level down.

Can you drill down into your modes and see the rules for devices there?

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
CameraPug
Star
Star

Make sure that you have the latest app updates that were released last night.

03bluecoupe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry,  forgot to include that info:  Android App Level: 2.7.0_23403  Released 01/07/19

Luddy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wouldn't doubt the update broke it if it is anything like the last few updates.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No cameras are visible under the Mode tab but you base is. When you click on the base, your modes are displayed but still no cameras. Inside are rules for the cameras but not the cameras themselves.

03bluecoupe
Aspirant
Aspirant

>No cameras are visible under the Mode tab but you base is.
    Correct

>When you click on the base, your modes are displayed but still no cameras.

Correct

>Inside are rules for the cameras but not the cameras themselves.
    You lost me there.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQs here on modes and rules. Edit the Armed mode and you'll see rules for each camera. All settings for each camera are in those rules. If you need, create custom modes for complete control.

03bluecoupe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I HAVE read the FAQ's AND the rules. What's your point?

I've never had to do all of that crud before!  The cameras simply showed up in the modes view under the base.  

I guess I'll call Customer Support tomorrow.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My point is that you have to do what the system is supposed to do. It's always been this way. No idea how you've been seeing it differently unless you're not describing it properly. I can't see or do what you've been seeing or doing so you have to be explicit and accurate.

03bluecoupe
Aspirant
Aspirant

It most certainly has NOT been that way. At least for the prior 2.5 months that I've had the system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've been using the system for 4 years. Apparently you're not telling us everything so we can't help. Good luck with support.

03bluecoupe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was VERY clear and concise regarding the behavior. Hopefully CS has  understands.... if that's all you have to offer - please stop responding to my post.

jse1982
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ok so I'm going to try to understand what you are trying to say. Are you saying the mode tab is gone completely now? The cameras have always been listed under devices and were never under the mode tab, just the base station or stations (I have 2 different systems at 2 different locations so I see 2). Once you select your base station from the mode tab, you can then select the mode you want (armed, disarmed, schedule, geofence, etc.). From there you can edit those modes and set the rules for the cameras such as record on motion, how long to record and push notifications.

Not sure if this gets you where you are trying to go or not. If not, please try to explain more clearly what it is you are trying to accomplish and maybe we can offer more. I can promise you that customer support will not be much help and will tell you to reset everything and start over. It's their go to procedure
03bluecoupe
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, as I stated in my original post, the mode tab is there but does not list the cameras anymore.  It did for 2.5 months and then on the 8th - poof - they're gone. So I can't select the cameras from the mode view anymore and turn notification on/off.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Mode should show the modes.  Once you see your modes, you click on the pencil to edit the mode and that’s where the device rules are located.

I have never seen devices directly on the mode tab...you have to drill one more level down.

Can you drill down into your modes and see the rules for devices there?

03bluecoupe
Aspirant
Aspirant

ok, I should just close this if they'd let me.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@03bluecoupe wrote:

ok, I should just close this if they'd let me.

Edit the appropriate rules...like Armed...then scroll down to notifications at the bottom of the rule.  Setting for Push and email notifications are there.  These were restructured about two years ago, but they have been like this since then.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

If you accept a response as a solution, it will flag it, but people can still post...they will just know there is no need to do so.

jse1982
Apprentice
Apprentice

As mentioned above, follow those steps of Modes tab > Select your basestation > Find the mode you wish to edit and select the pencil to the right of it. Here you should now see your Rules for each camera. Select the camera rule you wish to edit. This is where you tell the particular camera to trigger on motion and/or audio, start recording video, and then finally send a push notification and/or email.

Found this video that touches on this. Hopefully this helps: https://youtu.be/HY9dOtEObDE

JandA83
Tutor
Tutor

What he's saying, and the same thing just started happening to me, is that when you drill down to edit the rules in the Armed mode, the cameras are not shown in the rules list.  For him it's none of his cameras.  For me 3 / 5 of my cameras still have rules but 2 have dropped off so there is NO rule for them to edit.  Everyone keeps saying to edit the rules.  What they fail to realize is that it IS the rules that have disappeared for some or all of the cameras.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@JandA83 wrote:

What he's saying, and the same thing just started happening to me, is that when you drill down to edit the rules in the Armed mode, the cameras are not shown in the rules list.  For him it's none of his cameras.  For me 3 / 5 of my cameras still have rules but 2 have dropped off so there is NO rule for them to edit.  Everyone keeps saying to edit the rules.  What they fail to realize is that it IS the rules that have disappeared for some or all of the cameras.

Have you tried to add the missing rules?  If you click on “add rule” the missing camera should show up in that list and you should be able to add them back to the mode.  Do they not show up when you “add rule”?

JandA83
Tutor
Tutor

Hi AncientGeek,

There is no "Add Rule" available.  The only thing showing are the 3 rules for 3 of 5 cameras.  Each of those rules can be edited but there is no way to add another rule.  This is in the Armed Mode.

I was able to create a Custom Mode and rules for all 5 cameras and effectively duplicate what used to be available in the Armed Mode but that shouldn't be necessary.  I've read elsewhere that people have removed and resynced the missing cameras to recover from this but I've not yet tried that.  I noticed when making the Custom Mode that there was an Add Rule button UNTIL I made a rule for the last camera.  After that the Add Rule button disappeared.  I suspect that the Armed Mode thinks all 5 cameras already have rules and that's why it's not showing me the Add Rule button.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Got it.  Something is definitely FUBAR, there.  I agree the thing to try is to remove those missing cameras and add them back.  The system has somehow “forgotten” them in whatever data structure informs the Armed mode.  Removing them and adding them back will at least run the code that is responsible to adding rules to the Armed mode in the first place.

JandA83
Tutor
Tutor

Yep, that worked.  Fortunately both missing cameras were indoors so they were easy to resync.  Unfortunately, one of them took 3 tries before the resync worked.  Each time I got the blinking blue led on the camera indicating a successful sync but the camera would not show up under Devices.  On the 3rd try I decided to plug the camera into power even though the battery was 100% charged and, as they say, the third time is the charm.  Hopefully the OP will see this or has already been helped by customer service.

Schaun777
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I agree. When i first installed my system no problem. Now i have no mode function therefore i can not "see" any cameras. The library and device tab are there but contain no data. I still have not read a straight forward answer to a fix. Possibly download update or reinstall app?
Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation