Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
STinSC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20180821-183653.pngI just got the 4 camera set a few days ago, picked up 2 suction cup mounts so I could figure out where to set them up. I have this one mounted on the 2nd floor window facing the drive way, I had to position the camera so it could not see the road because it kept going off (motion not audio) but we have left the drive way and came home and the camera has not triggered, I have walked up and jumped up and down and nothing. I even went as far as swapping out cameras so I know it's not a defective camera. 

8 REPLIES 8
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Alot of us are having the same problem you are including me, they changed something on there end and we will have to live with it until they fix it. They were having rapid battery drain issues (I wasnt) and now it appears they fixed it from other post but now we have this problem because I think they cut down on the sensitivity for the cameras to save the battery and now were stuck with this.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera positioning is less than optimal for best detection which is across the FOV. Also, have you tried increasing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules>

STinSC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have motion set at 100%, and I did read shortly after posting this about the FOV, and if I had known that about these cameras I would have went with w different kind. Most of my spots I need to view are FOV. 

Renoman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is FOV ?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

FOV is field of view

And also just to make sure, the cameras are mounte OUTSIDE the windows, not inside ( as the cams will not detect thru most glass )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
STinSC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes they are mounted outside, and the funny thing is, today that have gone off so far like they should. .....IDK ?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There was a small outage at the far end re signing on ( main page notice ) ... maybe it had a related effect.

Good to hear it's workning now

Morse is faster than texting!
tasinmaine
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue with one i installed yesterday! 

it does not seem to have any night vision either! Do we need them to be wired to be working properly?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation